Happy St. Patrick's Day! Since I am a quarter Irish, I am wearing my green proudly today. I spent a semester abroad in London my junior year in college, so one weekend, we took a ferry to Dublin, Ireland for a few days.
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 corned beef brisket (3 pounder)
- 1 spice packet (that came with the brisket)
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 head of cabbage, cut in wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
It went in at 7am and is on low for the next 10 hours until I get home. Let's hope my first attempt at Corned Beef and Cabbage works out.
I am a worry wort and feel like a fire is going to start while I am at work. I keep telling myself all will be OK because:
- My alarm has a feature where it calls the fire department if it senses smoke.
- There is a "self-appointed mayor of the block" (a.k.a. nosey neighbor) that watches over each house on our block. Did I mention that this sweet woman also dresses like a pilgrim? No lie - I couldn't make this stuff up.
Last night, after a long walk with Oscar in the park - I couldn't motivate myself to do Jillian Michael's workout, but I did make it to the gym for spin class. The hour long class kicked my butt.
After class, I was starving, so I munched on sliced zucchini dipped in hummus. Meanwhile, I whipped up some asparagus and shrimp.
Dinner just didn't satisfy me tonight, so I immediately made a small bowl of figs, black almonds, and a spoonful of almond butter. This helped.
Since I was busy filling up the crock pot, I stuck with cold cereal today. Honey Nut Cheerios were all that was left, so I topped those with chopped pecans, chopped figs, sliced bananas, skim milk, and a spoonful of almond butter.
This was my first time having a spoonful of almond butter with cold cereal and I didn't like it at all. I also wasn't digging the honey nut cheerios...I am more of a regular cheerio fan. AND, I am now officially "figged out". Too many of those things in the last few days - I am done for awhile. Breakfast was such a positive experience today, huh?!
I brought a few favorite snacks to get me to lunchtime. My all-time favorite larabar - COCONUT CREAM PIE.
The stickers are cute on these Cuties.
Enjoy your day!